Why not contact us?
P: 1300 306 289
F: (03) 9880 7939
Joining Navy Health
Am I eligible to join Navy Health?
Navy Health is unique in that, being a restricted not-for-profit private health fund, it can offer two types of membership.
You qualify as a Civilian member if you are:
- An employee of organisations contracted to provide services to the Department of Defence and Navy Health
- An ex-dependant of a Navy Health member
- An ex-serving member of the ADF
- Families of serving and ex-serving members of the ADF
- An ex-dependant of serving and ex-serving members of the ADF
- A civilian employee of the Department of Defence
- A member of the ADF Reserves and their immediate family
- Cadets (RAN, ARA and RAAF) and their families.
You are a Defence based member if:
- You are a serving member of the Defence Forces with dependents
- You are a dependent of a serving member of the Defence Forces
Once accepted as a member of Navy Health you and your family are entitled to lifetime membership eligibility.
Is it easy to transfer to Navy Health from another fund?
There are no qualifying periods if you are accepted for membership after transferring a current membership from another Australian Registered Health Benefits Fund and have had an equivalent level of cover, and completed all waiting periods.
Normal waiting periods will apply to those aspects of Navy Health cover not covered previously by your previous fund, and for those items specifically nominated within the products as requiring extended waiting periods. Navy Health will not pay immediate benefits at a higher level than those provided by the previous fund.
Navy Health annual maximums will be reduced by the amount of benefit already paid by the previous fund for similar services in the current benefit year of transfer. The Clearance Certificate (FORM C) provided in the form section of this brochure may assist you with your transfer to Navy Health.
Simply call one of our friendly Member Services team on 1300 30 6289 and they will be happy to help you select the right level of cover for you and take you through the transfer process.