Other Resources for Members
Support for current, ex-serving ADF personnel and their families
Open Arms – Veterans & Families Counselling (formerly VVCS) is Australia’s leading provider of free and confidential counselling and support services for Australian veterans and their families. In the current, constantly changing, environment we have adapted the way we deliver services with a focus now on telephone and video counselling. This means our clients can continue to receive the right support, when and where they need it.
Open Arms’ services are available to:
- current serving ADF personnel
- personnel transitioning to civilian life
- ex-serving members
- partners and children of serving and ex-serving personnel
- ex-partners who are co-parenting
- reservists with one day continuous full time service or hazardous service
And, where there has been a death of a service person, parents and siblings can also access the service.
If you are looking for counselling and support services, or you just want someone to chat to, you can call Open Arms 24/7 on 1800 011 046. Or you can visit www.openarms.gov.au to find out more about our services and explore our range of self-help tools.