Why not contact us?
P: 1300 306 289
F: (03) 9899 4234
What is it?
When you are a dependant covered under a family membership and turn 22 years of age, you must be studying full-time to retain membership under your parent’s cover.
To make the transition into your own health cover easier, if you are not studying full-time and are over 22 (and not married or in a de facto relationship), you can take advantage of Navy Health’s Young Adult membership until you are 25.
If you are studying full-time, you can remain covered under your parent’s membership until, at which time, any of the following occur – you turn 25 years of age; stop studying full-time, enter into a de facto relationship; or you are married. From this point you will need to take out your own independent health cover.
Am I eligible for the Young Adult Membership?
- Over 22 years of age but under 25 years of age
- No longer studying full-time
- Unmarried and not in a de facto relationship
- Parent’s membership is still current
If you answered yes to ALL of the above, you are eligible to apply for a Young Adult Membership.
If you answered yes to them all of the above EXCEPT ‘No longer studying full-time’ you are eligible to continue on your parent’s membership until you either turn 25, cease to study full-time, enter into a de facto relationship, or get married. If you have any further questions regarding your situation, please call Navy Health on 1300 306 289.
I’m eligible, what do I need to do?
How do I apply?
1. Confirm eligibility for Young Adult Membership
2. Choose an extras cover
3. The current member (usually parent/guardian) needs to complete ONE of the declarations in the Young Adult Membership application form .
4. The ex-dependant (the Young Adult) needs to complete the Young Adult Membership application form if they are no longer eligible under the family membership.
5. Return the complete Young Adult Membership application form to:
Navy Health, PO Box 172, Box Hill VIC 3128.
What if I don’t do anything?
To ensure you remain covered, Navy Health must receive the Young Adult Membership application form within 30 days of you no longer being eligible under your family’s membership. The new membership must start from the day after you were ineligible. If nothing is done, you will have your membership cancelled from the day you become ineligible and will no longer by covered by Navy Health.
What if I’m not eligible?
If you are not eligible for Young Adult Membership and not studying full-time, you can take out your own cover with Navy Health, with no waiting periods (conditions apply). For more information about your options, please call us on 1300 306 289.
If you need any assistance choosing the right cover or have questions regarding the Young Adult Membership, please call Navy Health on 1300 306 289 or email email@example.com